The following list consists of all of the review essays posted on this site of Travel, Humanitarianism, and Becoming American in Africa, by Kathryn Mathers. They are listed from first to last, in the same order as the chapters in the volume.
- TRAVEL, HUMANITARIANISM, AND BECOMING AMERICAN IN AFRICA
- Chapter 1: Moving Fieldwork: Traveling with Americans to and from Africa
- Chapter 2: Vexed Ties: Africa in and out of America
- Chapter 3: Back to Nature: American’s Great African Adventure
- Chapter 4: Through the Glass: Encountering the Unexpected in Africa
- Chapter 5: Disrupting The Hyphen: Identity and Belonging in America
- Chapter 6: ‘How Do They Know I Am American?
- Chapter 7: Suffering Beauty: How to Save Africa without Changing It
- Conclusion: Saving Africa: Love in the Time of Oprah
- Summation: Reflections on the final chapters of Travel, Humanitarianism, and Becoming American in Africa